Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
Applications are open for the AERC Collaborative PhD Fellowship Programme in Economics 2022 for African Students
Application Deadline: 31st July 2022
About the Award: Launched in 2002, the Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics’ primary aim is to strengthen teaching and research capacity in sub-Saharan African countries, to increase the pool of potential researchers and policy analysts, and to gradually build-up and retain African scholars in Africa, leading to an increase in capacity across the continent. CPP aims to increase output of professionals conversant with – and specialists in – African issues, leading to the possible emergence of various theories and African solutions to these problems. CPP integrates theory, tools and African applications into academic teaching, ensuring that theory is firmly grounded on the empirical side.
Eligibility: To qualify, candidates must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP degree-awarding universities;
- Have attained at Bachelor’s Degree level at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or related field from an accredited university;
- Have a Masters Degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics and quantitative methods;
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states are encouraged to apply.
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage.
Eligible Countries: A limited number of full scholarships will be offered competitively to applicants from the sub-Saharan Africa region. Applicants from within the SADC region are therefore encouraged to apply.
To be Taken at (Country): University of Witwatersrand, Southern Africa)
Number of Awards: Limited
Value of Award: Fully funded
Duration of Award: 4 years
How to Apply:
Doctorate: A masters degree in Economics or an equivalent qualification from Wits University or another university.
Please download the application form from https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/choosedownloads and send it together with the required documents and supporting documents to Ms. Kamo Nhlapo on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for this particular programme only (the AERC PhD programme) you do not have to upload your documents onto the Wits online application system. You must send the required documents to Ms. Kamo Nhlapo. Please send any queries to her.
The following supporting documents should be emailed to Ms Kamo Nhlapo – Kamo.Nhlapo@wits.ac.za Copies of your degree certificates
Copies of ALL academic transcripts
SAQA evaluation (This is an evaluation carried out by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) on all International qualifications – application details available at www.saqa.org.za ). If you don’t have SAQA now, please ensure you start the application process immediately.
Proof of English proficiency (if qualification completed at an Institution where the medium of instruction was not English)
Letter of motivation
A brief (5-10 page) proposal outlining your research interestIt is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.