Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
The Quebec scholarship program for vocational training is now open for applications. The program aims to support the internationalization of vocational training centers in Quebec, and to offer talented international students the opportunity to come to Canada and follow a professional training in Quebec.
The Quebec scholarship for vocational training are two programs funded by the Canadian government through its Quebec Ministry of Education. The first program is the Merit Scholarships, the second is the Tuition Exemption Scholarships. A single selection process is carried out for both types of scholarships. This call for applications concerns professional training courses starting from August 2024.
Both scholarship programs are for vocational training only. Bachelor’s, master’s or PhD program are not covered by the program.
Last year, nearly 1,000 candidates applied for the 2021-2022 selection process, and only around 150 applications were submitted by school boards for the final selection.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
TYPE : Vocational training.
DEADLINE : from June 6th to July 28th 2023.
FINANCING : two categories (see for details below).
OPEN TO : All nationalities except French and Canadian.
HOST COUNTRY : Canada.
PROVINCE : Québec.
BENEFITS OF QUEBEC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR VOCATIONAL TRAINING
Both programs allow you to work up to 20 hours per week, along with your training. At the end of your training, the two programs (merit scholarship and Tuition fee exemption) impose no obligation concerning your return to your home country. You can apply, from Canada, and at the end of your training, for a work permit without having to return to your country of origin.
Merit scholarship :
- Tuition fee exemption for international students.
- Health insurance
- A scholarship ranging from $14,000 to $26,000 depending on the length of the chosen training program, to cover the student’s living expenses while studying.
Tuition Exemption Scholarships:
- Tuition exemption.
- No other benefits.
ELIGIBILITY FOR QUEBEC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR VOCATIONAL TRAINING
To be eligible for the Quebec scholarship program for vocational training, you must:
- Be of nationality other than French or Canadian. Priority will be given to candidates from member countries of La Francophonie, China, India, Japan, Mexico, and Brazil.
- Be outside of Canada at the time of submission of your application and until the announcement of the results.
- Not having Canadian citizenship or Canadian permanent resident status, or be in the process of obtaining permanent resident status.
- There is no age limit, but you must be at least 18 years old.
- Not having received a scholarship in Quebec. In addition, the accumulation of other scholarships during the same academic year is not permitted.
- Have the required financial capacity:If you are going to apply for the Merit Scholarship, you must prove that you have a minimum of US$2,281.
- If you are going to apply for the Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship, you must prove that you have US$11,409 at least.
AVAILABLE VOCATIONAL TRAINING FIELDS
Below are the available areas of study:
- ADMINISTRATION, COMMERCE AND COMPUTER.
- AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES.
- FOOD AND TOURISM.
- MINES AND CONSTRUCTION WORKS.
- BEAUTY CARE.
- FORESTRY AND PAPER.
- MAINTENANCE MECHANICS.
- MOTORIZED EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE.
- ENVIRONMENT AND FOREST MANAGEMENT.
- MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING.
- WOOD AND RELATED MATERIALS.
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY.
- BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC WORKS.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for the Quebec scholarships for vocational training, follow these steps:
- Choose your training program and your training center from the provided list (only one choice is possible).
- Decide which scholarship program you are applying for : merit scholarship and exemption OR merit scholarship only.
- Register on this portal.
The application process is free.
During your registration for the Quebec scholarships for vocational training, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A copy of the main page of your passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of all diplomas obtained and all transcripts of your last school year.
- A copy of all certificates, prizes, awards, or honors received.
- Two letters of recommendation completed by two different people (FR or EN).
- A proof of your academic English proficiency results (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), or a proof of registration for such, EXCEPT you have completed a higher education program of not less than 2-year duration in English language.
- Proof of sufficient financial capacity required for the chosen award program ($3 000 or $15 000), either to be provided by the candidate himself or any other guarantor. Proof of income can be, without being limited to, bank statements, a payslip, a salary certificate, etc. The guarantor must prove his family relationship with the candidate and provide a well-signed declaration of intent.
If you need further information, feel free to use this contact form.