Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
Margaret McNamara Education grants are awarded to women from developing and middle-income countries who, upon obtainment of their degree, intend to return to or remain in their countries, or other developing countries, and work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) Scholarships 2022 for African Women to Study in US & Canada
Application Deadline: 14th September 2022
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): South Africa
About the Award: The MMEG mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries. We are one of the few organizations who provide financial assistance to such women. In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in the Africa, Latin America and Trinity programs.
Type: Grants, Masters
General: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Africa: In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time at one of the universities listed below, AND be enrolled for the following academic year (January-December or September to May) at one of the following universities: University of the Witwatersrand,
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must already hold a study permit for South Africa.
Estimated expenses should be calculated and expressed in Rand
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Approx. US$7,000
How to Apply: Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select the “Africa program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.