Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
From October 2022 to September 2023, twenty outstanding women in executive-level leadership positions in African conservation will come together for a year of virtual and in-person sessions to transform their own and each other’s leadership for the benefit of people, wildlife, and ecosystems across the continent and around the world.
Women for the Environment (WE Africa) puts women at the heart of transforming Africa’s environmental movement. WE lead is our pan African one year leadership program for high level women environmental leaders with influence, a desire for change and a paying it forward mindset who wish to be part of this movement. WE Africa was born from our frustration with the current model of conservation leadership in Africa and the urgent need for more inclusive, impactful leadership to tackle biodiversity loss and the climate crisis. We urge you to join our movement and our connected, committed community of women environmental leaders in Africa.
Application Deadline: 15th August 2022
About the Award: In 2017, Women for the Environment Africa (WE Africa) was born through the determination of a small dedicated group of women conservationists frustrated with the current model of conservation leadership. They shared a conviction that a different style of leadership with more diverse and inclusive teams and more collaboration and less competition would result in more conservation innovation and impact. This desire to “do conservation differently” led to the realization that we needed to both build a community of women conservation leaders in Africa to increase our resilience, and establish a transformational leadership course to increase our numbers at the decision-making tables.
What the WE Africa Leadership Program offers:
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in the environmental sector today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and to pursue personalized leadership development activities to realize that vision
- Monthly online sessions designed to fit around and complement your work
- Two in-person retreats for intensive community-building and personal and collective growth
- The WE Africa year long transformative leadership journey is for women who meet the following criteria:African nationals, current citizens of a country in Africa, or those who have had permanent residency in Africa for a minimum of 15 years
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental space in government, NGO, or private sector in Africa including at least 5 years serving in a senior leadership role*
- A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12-month program
- A record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental leaders
- Access to reliable internet
- Able to speak and understand English conversationally
- A commitment to: 1) contribute USD $500 toward the cost of the course to secure your place; and 2) cover your travel costs to two in-person retreats for an estimated $1,500. Together your contribution represents approximately 15% of the course value.**
*If you do not meet the requirements from the second point above, you may provide an explanation in the application about why you believe you are eligible.
**A limited number of scholarships are available to help offset costs for selected applicants.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online and Offline (TBA)
Number of Awards: 20
- Please note the timeline for this year’s application review process:
- July 1st – Application Open
- August 15 – Deadline for Application Submissions
- September 13 – Final Round Top Candidates Notified for Interviews
- Late September/Early October – Final Round Interviews Conducted
- November 15 – Public announcement of 2023 Fellows
Value of Award: Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in conservation today
Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and pursue a personalized leadership plan
Monthly online sessions to fit around your work schedule
Two in-person retreats for intensive personal and collective growth and community-building
Duration of Award: October 2022 to September 2023
How to Apply: CLICK HERE TO APPLY It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
If you have questions about this application, please contact us at: email@example.com.