Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is offering the Postdoctoral Researcher Positions for applicants to undertake impactful research in the areas of Natural Hazard early warning and Climate Change impact assessment in Physical Science, Earth Science, and Engineering in Saudi Arabia for the academic year 2022-2023.
The position is based on Prof. Hylke Beck’s newly formed research group within the climate and livability Initiative (CLI) at KAUST in Saudi Arabia. Based on performance, the appointment is for one year and will be renewed for up to three years.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great opportunity for students in the Saudi Arabia.
The candidate will focus on monitoring and forecasting natural hazards such as flash floods, heat waves, and dust storms by combining space-based data, in-situ measurements, and modeling. The candidate is expected to initiate, develop, and deliver high-quality research, publish in leading peer-reviewed journals, present at international conferences, help develop research proposals, supervise graduate students, and attend lab meetings.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is a private research university in the Saudi city of Thuwal. The university, founded in 2009, offers research and graduate training programmes in English as the official language of instruction. KAUST is Saudi Arabia’s first mixed-gender university campus. The leadership and administrative offices work together to pursue the University’s mission to advance science and technology. The university was among the world’s 500 fastest-growing research and citation records.
Why study at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology? KAUST is dedicated to maintaining the best academic and professional practices in its development and recruitment efforts. KAUST’s research centers bring together faculty members, researchers, and graduate students from various disciplines: KAUST is ranked 201 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities by Shanghai Jiao Tong University and has an overall score of 4.3 stars.
Application Deadline: Applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- University or Organization: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Saudi Arabia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral Researcher position on the following topics:
- Monitoring and forecasting natural hazards such as flash floods, heat waves, and dust storms by combining space-based data, in-situ measurements, and modeling;
- High-resolution digital surface model generation in urban areas using aerial and satellite imagery;
- Large-scale flood inundation modeling and hazard mapping using computationally-efficient machine learning models;
- Regional convection-permitting numerical weather prediction modeling for climate change assessment and weather warning operations; and
- Water-food–energy nexus assessment and streamlining adaptation and mitigation policies and measures.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have to take part in the postdoctoral positions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the position can be made via this online portal. Applications must be submitted to Prof. Hylke Beck.
- Supporting Documents: A complete application includes the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- Cover letter briefly describing your research experience and interests
- Contact information of at least three references (who will not be contacted until after the interview);
- A sample of your original code.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a strong publication record and proven experience in Python programming, source code versioning and management, cloud computing, machine learning, big data analytics, climate, hydrological, or hydrodynamic modeling.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have verbal and written skills in English.
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will provide the salary to the selected candidates for the academic year 2022/2023.
Laisser un commentaire