Vous êtes intéressé par une bourse d’étude particulière et vous souhaitez être guidé dans le processus de constitution des dossiers de candidature? Alors Cliquez ici pour rejoindre notre groupe Télégram
The World Bank has just announced its master’s scholarships program for students from selected developing countries for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The World Bank scholarships program provides funding for international students to continue their studies in one of 35 participating programs at universities in the United States, UK, Netherlands, Australia, Japan and France in key development areas.
The application portal (first window) will be online today, Monday 17 January 2022, from 17:00 GMT.
About the World Bank Scholarships
LEVEL : Master.
DEADLINE (Window 1) : January 17, 2022, to February 28, 202.
DEADLINE (Window 2) : from March 29, 2022, to May 27, 2022.
FUNDING : Fully funded (Travel + Tuition + Stipend…)
HOST COUNTRY: Candidate’s choice (USA, France, Japan…)
Countries eligible for World Bank scholarships
The following countries are eligible for the World Bank scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Honduras, Iraq, India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Myanmar, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Palestine, Pakistan, Philippines, Syrian Arab Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen.
Belize, Bolivia, Dominique, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Venezuela.
Benefits of World Bank scholarships
World Bank scholarships provide the following benefits to the recipient:
- Round-trip airfare between your home country and the host university.
- In addition to airfare, a travel allowance of US$500 for each trip.
- Tuition waiver.
- Basic medical coverage.
- On-campus housing.
- A monthly stipend, the amount of which varies depending on the host country.
Eligible master’s programs
As we informed you a month ago, it is worth mentioning that you should apply separately to one of these six master’s programs on their official website of the respective university and be admitted to be considered for the scholarship. If you missed our article, we advise you to apply now for a master’s program at a university listed in the second call. This way, you will be eligible to participate in the second application period.
For the first application period (January 17, 2022, to February 28, 2022): only the following universities and programs are eligible for the World Bank scholarships:
|1. Columbia — School of international and public affairs (USA)|
|MPA in Economic Policy Management|
|2. Johns Hopkins (USA)|
|Master of Public Health|
|3. University of Birmingham (UK)|
|MSc Conflict, State Building and Development|
|4. University of hong Kong (honk Kong)|
|Master of Urban Design (MUD)|
|5. University of Wisconsin-madison (USA)|
|Educational Policy Studies|
|6. VRIJE UNIVERSITEIT — KIT (NETHERLANDS)|
|Health Systems Policy and Management|
For the second application period (March 29, 2022 – May 27, 2022): The following universities and programs are eligible:
The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a national of a World Bank member country (listed above).
- Not be a dual national of a developed country.
- Not be a staff member of the World Bank and not be a close relative.
- Have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent university degree) obtained at least three years before the application deadline.
- Have at least three years of paid development-related employment. The only exception to this criterion is for nationals of developing countries that are on the list of Fragile and Conflict States (see list below). In these exceptional cases, limited employment opportunities in the listed countries will be taken into consideration.
- On or before the application deadline, have been unconditionally admitted to one of the participating master’s programs (listed above).
The applicant must have a degree or work related to one of the following areas:
- Finance, competitiveness, and innovation
- Macroeconomics, trade, and investment
- Poverty reduction and equity/shared prosperity
- Health, nutrition, and population
- Social protection and employment
- Agriculture and food
- Climate change
- Environment and natural resources
- Social, urban, rural and resilience
- Energy and extractive
- Development in a context of fragility, conflict, and violence
The following countries are considered fragile and conflict states (and therefore exempt from point (5) of the eligibility criteria): Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Kiribati, Kosovo, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Venezuela, Palestine, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
How to apply for the World Bank scholarships?
Depending on your desired university, you choose to participate in either the first application window from January 17, 2022, to February 28, 2022, or the second window which will be from March 29, 2022, to May 27, 2022.
All applicants for World Bank scholarships must have an unconditional offer of admission from a participating program to be eligible. Otherwise, you will not be able to participate.
The application form for the World Bank scholarships will be available as of January 17, 2022, 17:00 GMT. Once the form is online, we will update this article.
The guide for the 2022 Call for Applications, including instructions and requirements for submitting an application, the eligibility criteria that applicants must meet, and the selection process are provided in the application guidelines and FAQs.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more opportunities.
Guide création de compte Official website
Laisser un commentaire